Tuesday 15 February 2022

Dog Accessories

 Around four months before the first lockdown in the UK, my husband asked if we could get a dog. Despite liking all animals, I didn't think I was a dog person. In fact I was kinda nervous of dogs and laid out a list of 'why we shouldn't have a dog'. Turns out, I am a dog person after all and Dylan came to us soon after.

 

This leads me onto my next miniature obsession in a series of miniature obsessions. I think many makers will relate to gazing around your home looking for the next thing to miniaturize and dog accessories were no exception. I set about cutting, scanning and stitching every food packet I bought.

 


It takes a while to do; each packet is flattened and scanned at 300dpi on an A4 bed scanner. Items larger than A4 are cut into pieces, scanned and then 'stitched' in photoshop. I'm often asked how my miniature prints are so clear and this process is the reason why. High dpi scans, cleaned up over many hours in photoshop and printed on semi-gloss photopaper on a high print setting. I would advise you not to buy a hugely expensive printer thinking this will improve what you print. 99% of the time it's the standard of the source file that determines the outcome. 


The food trays, lead and kong toy are all printed on a Elegoo Mars Pro 2 3D printer. I've started to upload some of my files onto this blog for others to use and share. Head to the main page and click on the navigation banner at the top of the blog for freebies.

I'm still in awe of the level of detail you can achieve with a 3D printer. This kong toy, barely 8mm tall, and you can read the word 'kong'!! Next? A miniature Dylan đŸ˜€

Bye for now

Pepper



 

No comments:

Post a Comment